Monday, November 12, 2018

Ride Report - Eden (no Mogo) - 21 October 2018

I had intended on going on the 0800am Eden ride today, even timing my awakening to perfection, allowing enough time to get the bike out of the shed, put my riding gear on and ride off knowing I would arrive on time. That's where all my prior planning fell over.  I normally carry one key card on me which I keep in a safe place, however the last thing I checked was the safe place .... oh shit.... the card is not there!!
I spent the next 30 mins with the wife frantically trying to find it...... card located in the washing basket....shit!

Now I was really late, instead of fashionably on time.
Shit again....

I rang Matt who I assumed was still going only to find that just two riders turned up and both on GTR1400s.

Matt and Chris were willing to wait so I rushed through my earlier routine and shot off to Hume on my GTR.

Three other guys arrived at the Hume Servo (one of them a Ulysses member) whilst I was in transit. All three were going to Mogo, so after a very quick carpark meeting - Mogo was the new destination.

We departed Hume at 0915am and rode through Queanbeyan via Lanyon Drive.  I had a minor verbal altercation with a moron car driver texting his way past the Queanbeyan Police Station. I continue to be amazed by the ever increasing levels of dumbness in our society and on our roads. The numpty car driver actually wanted me to pull over to discuss in detail his reason for texting. I was so tempted....

The ride along the highway to Bungendore was uneventful and quite pleasant for those on the GTRs with built in hand warmers. Believe it or not 11 degrees feels a lot cooler at 100kph.
A good Samaritan in a 4x4 flashed us so we accordingly monitored the road ahead only to find.... nothing. Gee thanks for the heads up.

Traffic was light and didn’t really inhibit us at all, the weather was also getting better by the minute with respect to the amount of cloud dissipating.

We stopped at Braidwood and had a heart starter and a pie. And then continued to the coast via a very smooth highway through the mountains. The road was damp but not wet so our overall pace was quite good.

There was an increase in cloud over the Clyde but no rain and the cloud cleared completely at Batemans Bay and Mogo.

We had lunch in a Cafe I can’t remember the name of which was opposite a Servo whose name I cannot recall either. But lunch was nice and hit the spot
.

After a quick refuel (Chris headed south to watch his daughter jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft) we set off back to Bungendore along a now fully dry Kings Hwy. Suffice to say, we all enjoyed the ride back through the twisties as the temperature had improved to 21deg. We stopped at Bungendore for another coffee break prior to all of us heading in different directions.
So after a crappy start for me, the day ended with an incident free 350km (approx) ride. This is my first ride report.... be gentle.


Signed, Cooch

Riders:
Chris D              GTR1400 with Coms
Matt H               GTR1400 with Coms
Cooch               GTR1400 with Coms
(No Coms compatible - go figure)