Thursday, February 3, 2022

Junee, Wednesday, 15 December '21

 With great excitement I turned up early at Ampol Nichols and prepared for the day's journey to Junee. The sun was out after days of rain and I was raring to go.

Warren was next to arrive and I was suitably impressed as I know Warren generally dodged the longer rides because of his ailments. Next to arrive was David, a noted fair weather rider and things were looking good for the day. As he pulled up I noted a couple of things about his bike, firstly a couple of shiny new tyres and more importantly it had had a wash.


I discovered later that he hadn't washed it at all,Tuggeranong Motorcycle Centre did it when they changed the tyres. Sorry Dave, that's a failure.

Ride briefing followed quickly and we set off on the day's journey. The usual Barton highway dodgems past the roadworks, potholes and police cars hiding in the bushes ( not that we would ever break the law and speed!)

Lachlan Valley Way was a treat because of very few cars, which made things smooth and effortless.

First coffee stop was Jackson's Bakery in Harden. On leaving Harden I noted with some interest that someone had painted murals on the local wheat silos. Quick photo shoot and on our way. The road to Junee was good thanks to several road crews that had filled in the potholes. I had been down the road a couple of weeks earlier and it was quite rough.
 
 
Lunch was at the Junee railway station and I can recommend it to anyone if they are ever there.
 
After lunch we topped up with fuel and pointed the bikes towards Gundagai. By the time we had reached Nangus it had started drizzling and by Gundagai it was raining heavily. Warren and I made a detour at Jugiong for coffee but David decided to keep going and get home. All in all a good day's riding except for the last part, I arrived home soaked but will remember to pack my wet weather gear for next time.
 
Thanks to Warren and David for their company

Kevin

  • Kevin Sherman   BMW R1250 RS
  • Warren Richer     BMW 900 XR
  • David  Mossman  BMW R 1250 RS