Monday, June 24, 2013

Murrumbateman Road - Road surface warning

 Road surface warning from Trevor

Road works on the Murrumbateman Road about 2 km from the Sutton Road
intersection.  refer below (B) .


The left had wheel track on the return to Canberra is very dangerous due to
a combination of  a clay base and zealous water truck. 


Both Peter and myself hit this section but as the lead bike I had no warning and the resultant corrective action placed me well over the other side of the road but fortunately there was no oncoming traffic.

There are no signs warning of a slippery surface and it was not raining nor
had it rained in the period leading up to the event.


My concern is that regardless of the skill of the rider if there is
oncoming traffic this may result in a serious injury.


My Advice to riders is to avoid this section of road until the repairs are
completed particularly if returning to Canberra...