Saturday, June 21, 2014

Soldier On - Dusk Ride (Sunday 22nd June)


The email below has been recieved from Mike Dunn (defenceriders)  regarding an invitation to all for an evening ride on Sunday 22nd.

Good Morning

This is most definitely open to all, including all skills, experience and bike/scooter type and I would be glad to have anyone turn up.
I have selected the course to be comfortable to all and stay 'around town' so that those who are not yet comfortable to do a long highway ride can come out. Map is attached.
We advertised on Face book and have a wide range of participants expected with about 40 riders I know of and extras expected from the Vietnam Vets Club and the Patriots Club.
One of the MRA Canberra guys was advertising it through their network, but I did use the Defence network to pass it on into other groups as we have a lot of cross over.
 I'll be at Russell (Blamey Square) from about 1400, but so long as you are there by a bit before 1500 for the pre-ride brief and departure at about 1515.
I will have a stock of the 'Soldier On' Awareness bands ( second picture) to cover the expected numbers plus a few extra so if people turn up they are welcome to join us , but I may run out of 'Bands'.
Please pass the word and if people want/ can let me know they will be attending I can add them to the list, but they can just turn up.
After 1700 my email address is dunnmcj@gmail.com. Call if you have any questions.
I hope to see you there.

Cheers

Mike Dunn
I have attached a map and the web site is - http://defenceriders.net/?ai1ec_event=inaugural-soldier-on-dusk-ride&instance_id=


Extract from the site (defenceriders):
Inaugural Soldier On Dusk Ride:
Meet at Blamey Square Sunday 22Jun14 from 1400 for a 1515 departure on a leisurely 50min, 40km ride arriving at the Australian War Memorial approx 1610 in time for a coffee and quick look around before the Last Post Ceremony at 1655.
Cost is $15 per bike with proceeds going to Soldier On. Email mike.dunn@defence.gov.au for more information.  Email peter.tucker4@defence.gov.au if you’d like to come along.
Hopefully, this will be the first of many Dusk rides to come.  This ride is ideal for beginners or new riders to the group.

>>MAP<<