Friday, August 3, 2018

Branch Planning Day, 11 August 2018 - by Mike Carmody (updated)

Hi folks,

Following up on my last post concerning the Membership Workshop, I can confirm this is now programmed for 9 am to 1 pm Saturday 11 August at Aspen Medical Offices, 2 King Street, Deakin.

The Workshop will focus on ‘the development and growth of the ACT Branch’. Essentially, Maritta and I have identified three key challenges for discussion. How do we:
  1. attract new members
  2. retain and increase the engagement of our current members, and
  3. tackle the associated challenge of fund raising.
Your participation at the Workshop is most welcomed. Please register via the Facebook event post or direct to Maritta or me, and I will forward an agenda and outline program prior to the event. In addition, and particularly for those members unable to attend the Workshop, Maritta and I are seeking your preliminary thoughts or ideas on ... 'what works, what must be improved and what’s missing etc ....'. 

To date, I have received only four comments. For the Workshop to be successful, we need your input. Think 'outside the box' and have a look at other membership organisations (not just motorcycle clubs), as to how they present and conduct their events, activities, and craft their value proposition etc ... innovation is the key. Please forward your comments to me at mike.paratus@gmail.com. 

Your engagement and support is very much appreciated. 

Mike.