Monday, May 31, 2021

A ride to the 2021 AGM held in Orange

On Saturday 15th May 2021, my son and I rode the 3 1/2 hours from Canberra to Orange to attend the scaled down Ulysses AGM. 

 


The ride on Saturday morning was not very pleasant - wet, windy and very cold.  We got to Orange in time for the AGM at the local services club. 215 people were in attendance and others joined in by Zoom. 

The outgoing President Jen Woods was given a lovely farewell and Henry Rokx was voted in as the new President, with Allan Pratt as Vice President. The rest of the Natcom positions were uncontested. 

 

The other news was that the 2022 AGM was confirmed for 4 to 10 April in Warwick, with 2023 to be Lismore and 2024 somewhere near Perth.

The dinner in the evening was well attended and most enjoyable. I wore my
Sunshine Coast Ulysses polo shirt - the only one in the room - but I sat
with my new Canberra colleagues.

Overnight in Orange it was minus 5 degrees and my bike was covered in frost
in the morning. However, it was a lovely clear day and we had a great ride
home. We came via Bathurst and did a few laps of the Mount Panorama circuit which was fun. It is incredible how steep, narrow and tight some of the corners are on the mountain.  

 

Also on the way home my trusty 2003 BMW 1150 RT clicked over 100,000 km on the clock. It is still running like new. 

 


All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing many of you in Warwick next year.

Best regards, Ian

Ian Mansfield